IT and Technical Support Assistant
Transfer Flow, Inc.
IT and Technical Support Assistant
The part-time IT and Technical Support Assistant position will be responsible for basic maintenance of existing applications and software as well as answering technical support calls. This position must be able to communicate clearly and effectively while working with staff and Transfer Flow customers. The IT and Technical Support Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining and updating tasks in the IT ticketing system and the Quality Management System (QMS).
This position works in a production environment and solves problems as they are discovered in a logical manner. The IT and Technical Support Assistant satisfies customer issues as quickly as possible: one call, one email, if possible. This position answers as many phone calls as possible while logged into the tech call work group and records issues in our Quality Management System (QMS), resolves customer issues through constructive communication based on Trouble Shooting Guide Flow Charts and by providing available resources such as Technical Support Bulletins and Instruction Sheets.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshooting Android and iOS ecosystems
- Troubleshooting customer issues over phone and email
- Follow troubleshooting guides and flowcharts to assist with customers
- Record and manage incoming service calls
- Communicate issues and trends to relevant staff
- Communicate with internal departments for advice and collaboration in problem solving
- Collaborate with IT, engineering and sales departments to improve customer satisfaction
- Active Directory Management
- Assist users in moving computer equipment between offices including basic PC/Workstation Configuration and Assembly
- Cleaning data off old systems before configuring and re-assigning to new users and computer setup/software installation
- DHCP, Disaster Recovery (Backups), and DNS Maintenance
- Documentation of internal IT processes as well as HOW TOs for end users
- ERP System Maintenance
- Microsoft 365 and Firewall Administration
- Help Desk Personnel Support
- Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Access
- Moving & Assembling Desktop Computer Components
- Networking (hardware, software, cabling)
- RAM, Video Card, Processor Upgrades
- Remote Administration
- Basic Report writing (Access, SQL, Crystal Reports, Syspro Report Writer)
- Server upgrades, replacement, and maintenance
- VOIP Phone Administration
- Software installation, licensing administration and hardware asset tracking
- Software Licensing/Subscription Compliance
- Basic SQL database management
- Syspro Customization
- System backup maintenance, and disaster recovery auditing
- Ticketing Systems (Jira or similar)
- User profile administration, account creation and deactivation, active directory and group policy administration
- WIFI/LAN Administration
- Windows Server Platforms
- Work with software vendors to resolve technical issues
English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Stress Management The ability to effectively manage stress and prioritize tasks is very important at TFI.
Critical Thinking The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue to form a judgment.
Active Listening Listening and responding to another person that improves mutual understanding.
Active Learning Activities, such as reading, writing, discussion, or problem solving that promote analysis, the combining of ideas, and evaluation of learned content.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Required minimum of AS or AA in a technical field or equivalent
- Must have previous professional relevant experience
- Must have excellent customer skills and telephone skills
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics