IT Field Service Specialist
***This position will provide support to these POET locations: Glenville, MN; Lake Crystal, MN; Preston, MN; Emmetsburg, IA; and Hanlontown, IA.
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
This position acts as the primary point of contact for POET bioprocessing facility team members’ information technology needs in an assigned geographic region. Communicating and working together with other team members is essential for promoting POET’s culture. Providing onsite and remote IT support for team members at the bioprocessing facilities helps keep essential IT hardware and business applications operational. This position maintains computer software and hardware such as desktops/laptops, printers, video conferencing equipment and telecommunication equipment that allows the bioprocessing team members to conduct business with POET’s customers as well as maintaining communications between all POET business units.
This position will provide support to these POET locations: Glenville, MN; Lake Crystal, MN; Preston, MN; Emmetsburg, IA; and Hanlontown, IA.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY
- Troubleshoot and repair computer software and hardware such as desktops, laptops, telephones, printers, mobile tablets, video surveillance systems and video conferencing equipment.
- Manage internal requests for IT support issues or enhancements by prioritizing issues, communicating status to affected parties, and updating Help Desk trouble tickets in accordance with department metrics and standards.
- Requisition, inventory, configure, install, maintain, repair, upgrade secure and dispose of team member personal computing devices.
- Interacting with technical support team members from external organizations to troubleshoot and repair hardware, software and telecommunications systems.
- Escalate server, network, compatibility and design issues to the appropriate team member.
- Work with other team members to complete projects such as WiFi upgrades, video surveillance system installations, server and networking upgrades, and telephone system upgrades.
- Limited network administration duties: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, setting file permissions, and rebooting servers, server configuration and maintenance responsibilities.
- Document instructions, procedures and licensing as needed.
- At POET, we are all on the same team. We all help out with responsibilities that may not be specifically listed here.
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of three years related IT experience.
- Associate's degree in a technical field; Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, etc. and one year of related IT experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS based laptops, desktops, and servers
- Experience in manipulating users in Active Directory (i.e. password and permission changes)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, other team members and vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot, install and upgrade hardware and software applications
- Basic knowledge of phone and video conferencing equipment and technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of IP and ISDN networks over LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Must have a valid driver’s license with exceptional driving record
- Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding and networking technology including TCP/IP based networks and 802.x standards
- Excellent organizational, time management and communications skills as well as the ability to adapt to change
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code.
- This position is exposed to work in multiple environments, including plant, laboratory and office environments. The team member may be exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions and chemicals.
- In this role, you’ll be asked to drive a POET vehicle. A motor vehicle record check will be conducted during the preemployment process and yearly thereafter.
- Up to 75% day travel, 25% overnight travel required. Company provides cell phone, credit card, fleet vehicle and/or air travel for business travel.
- Occasionally lifting weight up to 60 pounds
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight of less than 50 pounds
- Data entry while seated for greater than one hour
- Walking up to two or more miles per day
- Standing for extended periods of time
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo