IT Intern (Part-Time)
Grand Forks, ND
This position contributes to the IT department by assisting with IT projects and computer maintenance. Assists IT staff with technical support of computers, applications, and related technology. Contributes to the IT department by to providing horizontal and vertical integration of IT systems and services throughout the company.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
- Software and Hardware license tracking, asset tracking, and auditing.
- Maintenance of computer hardware to ensure computer hardware reliability.
- Assist in maintaining local copiers, printers, and peripherals.
- Document resolutions for future reference; develop training and standard operating manuals.
- Provide technical assistance using a helpdesk ticket system following established guidelines.
- Assist in research of computer software, hardware, and peripherals as assigned.
- Assist the IT staff with projects to ensure efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
- Must be resourceful, user-focused, self-motivated, have great time management skills, and have strong computer and problem-solving skills.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by exhibiting excellent communication skills and a professional attitude.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of IT related courses
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Communication skills (Develop written communication requiring grammar skills; interact with customers on an explanatory basis; interact with groups of people, co-workers, subordinates; use of telephones, 2-way radios, public address system; and oral communication)
- Basic and advanced math skills
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions