IT Support Services Analyst
Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
West Chicago, IL
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
The Simpson IT Support Services Analyst is the primary interface between the Simpson Information Technology department and the management staff at each Simpson branch and/or warehouse location. The position is responsible for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and support of all technology within their assigned branches and associated locations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Address internal employees’ IT related issues and requests, follow up with employees on open incidents and requests, and document support efforts in the service desk systems. (35%)
Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of branch operations and priorities by working with Branch Managers, Controllers, and other management staff at each assigned location. Regularly attend scheduled meetings with branch/warehouse management staff as the Technology representative of the branch and/or warehouse to confirm alignment of technology priorities and other IT day-to-day operations. Manage annual technology budgets for assigned branch including the proactive replacement and upgrades of technology equipment. Research, negotiate, and manage contracts for technology equipment and services on behalf of the local branches. (25%)
Continually research, identify, advise, and implement cost-effective technology solutions. Implement assignments and manage projects as requested by Sr. Directors and/or SVP of Technology. Lead/Work in focused teams to identify, qualify, design, and implement complex IT solutions, company technology standards and service levels. (15%)
Install and maintain all desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and related hardware installed at branch and warehouse locations. Work with appropriate support vendors to verify warranty repairs are correctly processed. (10%)
Partner with Simpson Network & Telecommunications team to provision, install and maintain voice and data circuits with sufficient capacity and redundancy. Partner with Simpson Network team to install, configure and maintain secure networks, including firewalls, routers, switches, and WIFI Access Points for connectivity with the Internet and Simpson data centers while adhering to current compliance standards as outlined by the Simpson Information Security team. Regularly monitor circuit performance and test failover configurations. Create and maintain network and telecom documentation that include network diagrams, IP information and assignments, ISP contact and support information, and other required technical related site documentation. (10%)
Create and distribute regular communications regarding status of Technology systems, and IT Changes. Educate End Users on how to best use Technology systems, while following Cybersecurity best practices. Create and/or update knowledgebase articles and other “how to” documentation for the IT Team and end users. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field required. (or commensurate work experience in technology)
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent experience configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks.
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent experience in service management and delivery.
- Must be available and responsive 24/7 for emergency support
- 5 years’ demonstrable experience with Windows Server setup and administration, Windows Client operating systems and Microsoft client applications
- 5 years’ knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory environments, including OU management and security
- 5 years’ knowledge and experience with infrastructure services including DHCP, DNS, Printer Services, LANs, WANs and WIFI
- 5 years managing medium to large projects from planning to fulfillment.
- 5 years’ experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting any or all of the following products or technologies: ServiceNow, Citrix Virtual Desktop, Exchange, Cisco UCCX, Cisco Meraki, SAP, SCCM, Intune, Autopilot
- Self-Management: Display a high level of independent thinking, initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Teamwork: Build and sustain excellent working relationships with Technology and Business partners.
- Attention to Detail: Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Project Management: Manage multiple projects and completing priorities.
- Problem Solving: Identify options for solving a problem and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses.
- Speaking: Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Writing: Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner for the intended audience.
- Customer Focus: Consistently delivers excellent customer service under pressure while quickly and effectively, resolving customer problems.
This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
Work Status & Location
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in West Chicago, IL.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$28.46 - $36.97 Hourly
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo