IT Support Tech II
Supporting our internal and external PGTI IT users. Installs, modifies, troubleshoots and makes repairs to PGTI issued hardware and software systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Installs and configures PC hardware and software as required.
- Assists in troubleshooting infrastructure equipment.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Windows OS, PC hardware and software, and printers.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of iOS and Android, and computer networking systems.
- Receive support calls directly from users and become the owner of specific request until completed. Once a call is received the information must be properly recorded within the ITSM tool and a response communicated to the user in a timely manner. Provide updates, status, and completion information to team lead/manager, ITSM tool, and/or users, via voice mail, or e-mail.
- Answer, gather required and pertinent information, include troubleshooting steps (if not able to resolve/fulfill) and properly route incoming inquiries (phone/email/walk ups) to appropriate assignment groups.
- Maintain and fulfill assigned tickets within agreed upon SLAs.
- Properly escalate assigned ticket as necessary.
- Create and administer network and system accounts.
- Keep personal work area clean and organized.
- Wear proper PPE where required.
- Completes management assigned special projects with little or no supervision and within the designated deadline.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree recommended, but not required.
Two years of experience in a computer related field required.
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- English required.
- Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A+ certification preferred.
Other relevant technical certification preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically (regional southeast)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.ID:uDnQdo