IT Sys Sec Eng Sr
Job DescriptionJumpstart your career as a Cybersecurity professional with BAE Systems, supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security at one of the leading companies in Defense. Develop your Information Assurance (IA) career through hands on application and work with seasoned professionals in a team-based environment.
BAE Systems in Rockville, MD is seeking an experienced ISSO/Windows System Admin to support ongoing system and network operations at the classified and unclassified level in support of the US Navy customer. The qualified candidate will provide strong technical skills to oversee long-term projects and emergent high priority tasks.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Identify, develop and document system/project requirements
- Work with management and internal users to implement new solutions to improve technical collaboration between employees onsite, at other BAE Systems locations and working from home
- Ensure existing system security measures comply with applicable government policies (NIST SP 800-37 (RMF), NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, and internal standards)
- Evaluate NIST SP 800-53 security controls in support; determine control applicability and develop plans to implement in a controlled auditable manner
- Maintain documentation to meet requirements of ATO under RMF
- Develop and follow detailed Policies, Procedures and Work instructions to support IT operations
- Conduct information system risk assessments to include potential threat and vulnerability identification and mitigation(s)
- Support Assessment and Authorization and other security test events or reviews to achieve accreditation milestones
- Perform periodic required security reviews
- Oversee the approval process for gaining access to classified systems
- Perform Window Administration tasks to include: account management, patching, assigning permissions
- Maintain system stability
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to employees
- Upgrade and install application software and computer hardware
- Remediate vulnerabilities
- Manage outstanding issues in a POA&M
- Create and maintain technical documentation for environments including network diagrams, hardware/software baselines, installation and configuration procedures, troubleshooting guidelines, and operational procedures
- Identify and implement process improvements for business functions
Required Skills and Education
- A CompTIA Security+ or equivalent 8570 IAT level 2 certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of being hired
- Bachelor’s Degree (typically within the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field) and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated technical writing experience for technical services contracting
- Effective organizational, time management, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous experience as a Windows Systems and/or Network Administrator
- Excellent problem-solving skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and applicable security controls to assist with obtaining system accreditation(s)
- Experience conducting security control reviews and risk assessments
- Previous experience as an ISSO
- Experience using and developing reports in SPLUNK
- Linux experience
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience