Building Services Of America, LLC
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - Chicago, IL
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Function of Janitor Position:
To perform janitorial duties on an assigned basis in accordance with the established procedures for each account in order to keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
Duties of Janitor Position:
Duties of the janitor position will vary at each account location and will be performed as assigned by the Manager.
Specific duties of the janitor position may include but are not limited to:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Vacuum carpet, spot clean, shampoo and extract on an assigned basis.
- Clean and dust furniture, blinds and other surfaces, and monitor and maintain interior plants.
- Service, clean, disinfect restroom and restock soap and paper dispensers.
- Clean interior and exterior windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set up, and arrange furniture and equipment to prepare facilities for events.
- Waste removal and proper disposal of waste and recycling materials.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans and industrial trucks.
- Record supply inventory as directed and inform management when cleaning supplies are low.
- Notify the manager of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Remove snow by doors and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Work various shifts and schedules and perform other related duties as assigned.