January-June 2024: Hardware Product Management Intern (Undergraduate)
IntroductioniRobot is on a mission to empower people with robots that enhance their lives, and we're looking for an ambitious Product Management Intern to join our hardware product management team.
Are you eager to learn what it takes to be a product manager at a leading consumer technology company? As a pioneer in the consumer robotics industry, iRobot is a driving force of innovation, serving as an industry catalyst and changing the world by fueling the era of home robotics. Our product managers play a crucial role in bringing our products to life.
You’ll be joining a hardware-focused product organization and will gain invaluable experience working closely with experienced product managers, engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to build incredible products. Join us at iRobot and be a part of revolutionizing the robot industry!
This is a full-time position from January through the end of June. Students must have ability to work 40 hours per week for the entire duration.
What You Will Do:
- Gather, analyze, and report key consumer and market insights – both qualitative and quantitative – from various data sources to inform product requirements
- Collaborate with the product team to develop product requirements, feature sets, and roadmaps
Execute Product Initiatives:
- Assist in developing and executing go-to-market strategies for new products
- Lead beta testing for new product initiatives, to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, and operations to ensure successful product development and launch
- Conduct research and document competitive products’ features, pricing, and positioning to enhance our understanding of the competitive landscape
- Assist in day-to-day management of in-market product SKUs by maintaining SKU sheets, spare parts lists, product data sheets, etc.
- Collaborate with operations to implement various product initiatives in the factory
- Track and analyze product performance metrics and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up to date with industry, competitive, and emerging trends in the robotics space.
- Help keep our product management team efficient by maintaining, improving, and auditing our product databases and document management systems.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Available for work full-time (40h/wk) from during the internship period
- Current enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in either business or engineering discipline
- Technical Background and relevant experience working with hardware, IoT, and robotics.
- Previous product management experience (1+ year)
- Data analytics skills
- Strong entrepreneurial drive with an owner mentality; ability to lead and coordinate teams
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize important work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with multiple project teams
- Passion for robotics and emerging technologies
- Self-starter and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite