Java Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Pacific Blvd, VA
Country:United States of America
Location:VA541: 22110 Pacific Blvd, Dulles 22110 Pacific Boulevard Building CC3, Sterling, VA, 20166-6913 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
**This position is eligible for a Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants**
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
Location: This is a hybrid position located in Dulles, VA.
Clearance Requirements: The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
In the Java Software Engineering role, you will design, develop, and test Java code in a Linux environment, utilizing Agile methodologies. We are at the forefront of aerospace and defense technology. Our Ground Station Systems Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring communication, surveillance, and defense capabilities through cutting-edge systems. We invite you to be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The Java Software Engineer will design, develop, and maintain advanced software applications for our Ground Station Systems. This role involves close collaboration with systems engineers, hardware designers, and other software engineers to deliver reliable and high-performance software solutions. Other responsibilities to anticipate may include:
- Design, implement, and test Java-based applications in a Linux environment and software components for ground station systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Ensure software performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Participate in software design reviews, code reviews, and system integration activities.
- Be a team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of their immediate supervisor.
- Follow established Software processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in Java/Linux and ground station technology to drive innovation.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of software engineering experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java in a Linux environment (preferably Red Hat) and using unit testing tools (e.g., JUnit)
- Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary.
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Previous experience in unmanned air vehicle (UAV) ground station software object-oriented design and development
- Experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, containers, and the Spring Framework
- Security+ certification
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite.
- Familiarity with secure coding practices, especially in a defense or aerospace setting.
- Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors, and communities to succeed.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo