Journeyman Service Electrician: Lighting & Electrical (Jacksonville)
Job Location: 28 FL - Georgia - Fayetteville, GA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Construction
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions Facility Solutions Group is expanding their staff and seeking a Journeyman Service Electrician for the Jacksonville, FL area.
As a Journey Service Electrician you will perform terminal and electrical service, equipment and system repair, maintenance, testing and installation tasks to a variety of facilities. You will troubleshoot and repair or replace wiring circuits for lighting and lighting/system controls, computerized motor controls, programmable controllers and other related electrical equipment. You will also identify and acquire parts for replacement, maintenance and other work required in accordance with established procurement procedures. The ideal candidate will be prompt, dependable, and uphold the standards of quality and service set by Facility Solutions Group.
A Journeyman Service Electrician will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications.
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications, safety codes and local electrical codes.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures. Perform physically demanding tasks while conveying knowledge of basic/specialized tools and equipment throughout service job/work order process.
- Must understand and conform to Government/Local regulations and ordinances as well as any/all required Safety Guidelines.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in lighting or electrical maintenance.
- Florida Journeyman Electrician License preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screen
- Must be willing to work nights.
- Willingness to perform work in Tampa area as well as other portions of Florida.
- Valid and current drivers license
- CSLT Certification a plus!
- Stable employment
- Competitive wages based on experience
- 401K Program with matching contribution
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
FSG is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.ID:uDnQdo