Jr Buyer – Furniture
Forms & Supply, Inc.
Purchases non-stock furniture sold by FSI.
All tasks related to this area will be accomplished in accordance with company business practices and in the professional manner required to maintain a solid business relationship with our valued customers and coworkers.
- Executes purchasing function for specific vendors for all non-stock furniture orders.
- Track and manage lead times to make good buying decisions.
- Process order acknowledgements, maintain due dates, update purchase order pricing, and communicate changes daily.
- Work directly in support of operations managers and in collaboration with department managers, designers, and sales reps.
- Keep electronic records of purchase orders, contracts, receipts, and transactions.
- Resolves invoicing discrepancies.
- Provides support for FSI designers on an as-needed basis.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Flexible hours, to be worked Monday through Friday between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, based on department needs. Flexibility is required. Additional hours may be at short notice. Occasional weekend meetings; occasional out of town travel.
Sedentary position of approximately 80% working at a desk.
- 2-3 years of experience as an entry-level buyer
- Highly proficient in Windows, MS Office, Outlook, Excel
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and written skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Time management, planning, and prioritizing skills
- The ability to work in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Furniture Purchasing & Technology Manager
- Internal Furniture Staff
- Accounts Payable
- Outside Sales
- Operations and Furniture Installation