Jr. R&D Chemist(Application)
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Perform and document results of regularly requested manual application tests.
- Perform application tests using the robotic arm and compare and report out the results.
- Develop programs for the robotic arm as per the project requirements.
- Perform functions for the smooth running of all core departments needs.
- Apply and evaluate the application boards applied manually and generate reports.
- Follow Standard Application Procedures, using the application tools to record and report out the results.
- Operate the robotic application arm and record and report the results.
- Generate different programs using the robotic application arm programing software for application as needed.
- Clean and maintain test equipment.
- Prepare application substrates which will be used for all application requests.
- Maintain effective communications with supervisor in identifying problems affecting application (manual & robotic) operations.
- Provide project support and assistance to the various departments as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to technicians as needed.
Educational attainment is equivalent to bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, or a related field.
Some experience involving chemical analysis and testing procedures.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Knowledge of the principles of math and chemistry
Knowledge of application tools & properties under basic testing conditions.
Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems and applications
Ability to set up and operate application testing equipment, brush, roller, spray machines, glossmeter, spectrophotometer and solid and viscosity testing equipment.
Ability to perform applications (by manual and running developed robotic arm programs) and complete test records and reports.
Ability to communicate effectively read specifications and follow oral or written instructions.
Exhibit proficiency in all areas of the Application department classification
Company: Behr Paint CompanyFull time
Our Ongoing Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe a workplace that encourages and values different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds builds better teams, better solutions, and more innovation. The goal is for every single team member to have a voice and experience a sense of belonging here, regardless of where they sit in the organization and what their background is. We look forward to your sharing your outstanding and unique talents and perspectives with us!
BEHR (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.