The Crosby Group, LLC
Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership and are currently seeking candidates for a General Maintenance Technician position
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
Perform a variety of maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of Installs, troubleshooting, repairs, and maintain machinery, electronic controls, heating systems, etc. Maintain and repair building and grounds.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect equipment. Make necessary adjustments, document test readings and repairs.
• Repair or replace essential equipment – both electrical and mechanical.
• Read and understand prints, schematics, diagrams, and technical manuals to determine methods and sequence for repairing machinery and equipment.
• Perform inspection and preventative maintenance on production equipment utilizing PM programs and inspection checklists. Maintain preventative maintenance logs and equipment manuals.
• Align, fit, repair and assemble mechanical component parts using meters, gauges, power tools, hand tools, lifting devices and drawings.
• Prepare part sketches and write work orders.
• Review project instructions and equipment specifications to identify and plan necessary repairs.
• Fabricate and/or modify new or used parts to make repairs according to established safety procedures.
• Investigate equipment failures and malfunctions. Communicate with engineering, production team members, or technical experts to resolve intermittent malfunction or failure of equipment or systems.
• Complete tasks as required to minimize production equipment downtime.
• Ensure proper installation of new equipment. Document all testing of equipment and electronic systems.
• Strict adherence to lock out/tag out procedures.
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.):
• 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong knowledge of CNC troubleshooting, maintenance and repair required.
• Maintenance experience in machining, welding and hydraulics.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision required.
• Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility for the uptime of all manufacturing equipment and systems.
• 5 plus years of General Maintenance work experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational school preferred.
Physical / Environmental Conditions:
Normal office conditions. Plant is inside a two-story office building. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving and/or traveling.
Moderate exposure to shop conditions, which are variable depending on the task assigned, but are generally dirty. Is subject to shop noise. Involves extensive standing and walking. Skin and eyes are subject to drying and irritating fumes, vapors and solutions controlled to OSHA standards. Works both in and out of doors, normally indoors, with sometimes dusty or confining work areas when in the shop/lab.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.