L2 Americas Customer Support Engineer
Oxford Instruments Asylum Research, Inc.
Oxford Instruments is looking to add a Customer Support Engineer to join the Andor team!
Oxford Instruments plc is a leading provider of high technology products and services to the world's leading industrial companies and scientific research communities. Our core purpose is to support our customers to address some of the world's most pressing challenges, enabling a greener economy, increased connectivity, improved health and leaps in scientific understanding. We are proud to be recognised as the leaders in what we do and for the difference we make in the world. This is an exciting time to come join us!
How we work
We’re committed to being the leading provider of high-tech products and services for the world’s most important industrial and scientific research communities. Our people are vital to our success. We strive to offer the opportunities that will attract, motivate and retain the very best talent in our sector. This involves creating an inclusive environment and culture, where difference is valued and people are recognized for what they deliver and bring to the team.
Empowering People to Make a Difference
We don’t wait for change to happen. We enable it. That’s why we aim to create the best working environment and culture for our people to thrive. We share the same goals and value diversity of thought, perspective and experience. With a focus on the ongoing development, engagement and wellbeing of our people, we know we will continue to exceed customer expectations and drive change for the future.
About the Opportunity:
The Customer Support Technical Engineer is critical to ensuring we offer excellent customer experiences, a key strategic imperative for our business. You will take accountability for providing our customers with a fast, responsive quality service, building strong, trusted working relationships; liaising with Andor Technology colleagues to get issues resolved; ensuring learning is disseminated and continuous improvement of our process, and facilitating the efficient handling of customer returns.
- Provide direct support to customers, distributors and Andor staff for cameras and spectrograph products, via e-mail, telephone or where possible Teamviewer and LiveAssist.
- Test demo units in preparation for customer demonstrations.
- Carry out an incoming inspection of customer returns.
- Prepare and ship products, including demo units, RMAs going to Andor factory and returns to customer.
- Maintain and up-date all L2 calls clearly and precisely, ensuring next response dates are adhered to and amended accordingly so that all calls can be tracked effectively.
- Follow up on all internal and external queries in a timely manner. For example, all customer-based e-mails.
- Effectively operate the Customer Support Management System.
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we do and the service we provide our internal and external customers.
- Keep up to date with and apply problem solving approaches to any challenges.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably required by Andor Technology to support our customers and colleagues.
About YOU: The right candidate for this position has significant experience with scientific cameras or spectrogrpahs, has a solid grasp of a C based programming language; strong understanding of the windows operation system, i.e., installing drivers and software, is a good communicator and has stellar interpersonal skills. A Bachelors degree or higher and/or significant experience and skills gained in electrical / electronic / chemical / materials engineering or other relevant engineering discipline is required,
Education and Professional Experience:
- Experience working with high value products.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Matlab and / or Labview.
- Experience with Linux distros.
- Experience reading PCB schematics and layouts.
- Experience using electronic test equipment such as an oscilloscope.
Oxford Instruments Perks and benefits:
- Generous benefit packages - We offer our employees competitive health insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and post-tax dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do their best work when they can take the time they need to rest and recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of PTO which is accrued each pay period.
- Holidays - We recognize 12 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development - OI supports you and your professional development with $5,250 available in annual tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Oxford Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation as required by law.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time for this position.
Oxford Instruments Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/V
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments does not accept agency CV’s. Please do not forward details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or any other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.