Label Machine Operator
West Sacramento, CA
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Salary: $20.15-$23.75 DOE
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service**
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Overview: Operates machines that perform one or more labeling functions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Perform primary package inspections and complete paperwork.
- Perform Monitor Checks as detailed in the Line Monitoring and Testing work instruction.
- Operates the bailing machine and removes bails of cardboard.
- Operates the floor scrubber and cleans the floors.
- Sweep the line to be conducted upon completion of production run and before start-up of a new flavor, ensuring all containers of the previous flavor have been removed.
- Notify Supervisor when material/package quality issues are observed.
- Notify Supervisor/Maintenance of any equipment issues.
- Complete and turn in Labeler and Case Packer Inspection sheets.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow Pre-Start Up process – Check the Work Order to ensure correct labels and glue type are staged.
- Operates the Sacmi Labeler machine in “Manual” and “Automatic” operations.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening valves, setting guides, or clearing away damaged packaging.
- Loads labels into machine.
- Monitors labeling during production and completes Labeler Inspection Sheet.
- Documents any down time on the Production Line Down Time Report.
- Cleans the SACMI labeling machine by following specific work instruction or work aid.
- Re-installs SACMI labeler parts after cleaning.
- Documents cleaning on the Packaging Cleaning Sheet.
- Removes broken bottles following the specific work instruction or work aid for Glass Breakage at the Labeler and DUD Detector.
- Operates Fuji Labeler machine in “Manual” and “Automatic” operations.
- Follow Pre-Start Up process for Fuji Labeler- Check work order, set up labels, feed labels into machine and adjust machine.
- Cleans the Fuji labeling machine by following specific work instruction or work aid.
- Re-installs Fuji labeler parts after cleaning.
- Documents cleaning on the Packaging Cleaning Sheet.
- Operates Scantrac, Canalyzer, and Filtec Dud Detector machines in “Manual” and “Automatic” operations.
- Handles rejects and saves defective containers for Quality Assurance inspection, re-inspect suspected false rejects, or handle rejects per Supervisors instructions.
- Set up production Container Edge Finding, Image Size, adjust Image Exposure, Product Density ROI, Ejector Timing, and Threshold, as needed on the Scantrac machine.
- Verify test contaminant and under fill samples are ejected.
- Adjust cap vacuum inspection, caliper assembly, sled sensor, fiber optics and Canalyzer side guide rails, as needed.
- Perform test run on Canalyzer and/or Filtec Dud Detector to ensure the system is correctly adjusted to current product.
- Monitor Canalyzer and/or Filtec Dud Detector operation, record counts on Dud Detector Report – Bottle, or on the Production Report Work Sheet.
- Checks for correct height setting and adjust head height for fill level, as needed.
- Tests to ensure the Rejecter is working correctly and makes adjustments, if needed.
- Sets up and ensures the proper operation of changeover on the Filtec and Fuji labeling machines for all PET and Bottle production lines.
- Competency and attainment determined by job performance.
- Works unsupervised.
- Assist with training Process Technicians.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), 6 months of experience in a bottling facility -or- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in math.
Language Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, twist, push, pull, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must frequently climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and environmental conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, extreme heat, vibration, atmospheric conditions that could affect the respiratory system, and must function in narrow aisles or passageways. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V