Laboratory Animal Care Technician I
Fort Collins, CO
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
Is this you?
We are seeking an Animal Care Technician to join our dynamic team! This position will focus on overall animal care and welfare, production and selection for customer orders, facility upkeep and recordkeeping and procedural duties. The person in this role will need to feel passionate about working with animals, enjoy and excel at organization, and support and maintain a clean, safe and compliant working environment. We are seeking someone that is hardworking, shows attention to detail, takes initiative, has a teamwork mentality and positive attitude.
Primary ways the Animal Care Technician will contribute to the team:
- Cares for animals including feeding, cleaning and breeding responsibilities
- Follows protocol to ensure the health and welfare of the animals in care
- Coordinate order details to include selection, packaging and confirming accuracy
- Keeps accurate records of breeding, feeding, cleaning and care of animals
- Maintains responsibility for sanitation of the animal buildings, cages and support areas
We are looking for the following from the Animal Care Technician:
- Desire to work with and care for animals on a daily basis
- Interest in animal development and breeding
- Continuous effort toward contributing to a clean and safe working environment
- Ability and willingness to complete paperwork as needed
- Must be available to work weekends/ holidays on a rotating basis
- Willingness to work overtime when needed
This position requires that the Animal Care Technician be able to:
- lift up to 50lbs on occasion
- stand/walk on concrete for at least 2 hours at a time
- frequently bend, reach, push, pull, squat and lift
Position pays $16.00 - 19.50/hr depending on qualifications. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, 401K participation with company match, and more!
Inotiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.