Laboratory Animal Technician I
Mount Vernon, IN
The Laboratory Animal Care Technician I is responsible for assisting the contract research group with maintaining the well-being of research animals in accordance with all SOPs, applicable state and federal regulations, as well as guidelines set forth by the on-site clinical veterinarian.
- Use simple laboratory equipment/apparatus with little supervision.
- Maintain written records in laboratory notebooks, laboratory forms, or logbook.
- Maintain laboratory animal colony.
- Clean and sanitize animal rooms, and support areas, caging, equipment, feeders, bottles and other accessories as dictated by current studies and pertinent SOPs.
- Dismantle, clean and assemble laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Perform general preventive maintenance and janitorial services as assigned by Maintenance
- Keep assigned areas clean, organized, and free of clutter
- Maintain an adequate supply of stock items in own work area.
- Act as messenger for supervisor, as directed.
- Perform functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in in-house training programs for the technical staff
- Maintain confidential information
*This position could be offered at different levels for candidates who qualify with a combination of advanced levels of education and/or years of experience. The salary range will adjust along with the level of the role to match the person’s relevant experience and/or education level.
- High School Diploma
- A suitable combination of education and experience.
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen. Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
Inotiv has been named a 2023 Top Workplace!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, 401K participation with company match, and more!
Inotiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.