Laborer-Bridge & Highway
Capital Materials LLC
Jefferson City, MO
Job Location: CPC Springfield, MO - Springfield, MO
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Laborer-Bridge & Highway
Capital Paving and Construction is hiring Bridge & Highway Construction Laborers for construction projects in the central Missouri area. These positions require reliable transportation and a willingness to travel.
These positions are full-time, benefit eligible positions. Capital offers a great benefit package including:
- Industry Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- 401K with match
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Training and Continued Education
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Assists in the construction, maintenance, testing and/or repair of the construction projects.
- Performs heavy manual labor including, digging, lifting, climbing, carrying and installation under varying weather conditions while exposed to dampness, fumes, dust, electrical, mechanical and traffic hazards.
- Assists with building, sealing, cleaning, and adjusting manholes, frames and covers, and roadway construction.
- Operates various hand tools, including but not limited to jackhammer, demo saws, paint brushes, pick, shovel, survey equipment, bull floats, rakes, wrenches and various hand tools.
- Operates power equipment including, but not limited to air compressors, pavement breakers, tampers, vibrators, vacuum pumps and various other type pumps.
- Participates in traffic control as needed.
- Access inside of manholes, enter confined spaces, and work off ladders.
- Participates in stand-by duties, which involves working alone or with coworkers at night, weekends and holidays to resolve situations that occur after normal business hours.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, or the ability to learn, safety rules and equipment including identification of precautions for an emergency response to chemical, electrical, and mechanical hazards, and asphyxiating, toxic, and explosive gases and vapors.
- Demonstrates good workmanship in a neat and timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a variety of positions throughout the day including standing, stooping, bending at the waist, at waist level, shoulder height and above the head.
- The employee will work primarily outdoors, exposed to inclement weather, and in the proximity of chemical, electrical, and mechanical hazards.
- Knowledge of bridge carpentry (building wood & metal forms, setting & tying steel) a plus.
- Some road construction experience preferred.
- Must have valid Driver’s License/
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screenings: background, physical, drug/alcohol.
- Travel is required with possible overnights depending on project location.
- Weekend work may be required from time to time.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Capital will give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.