Landfill Gas Wellfield Technician
LFG Specialties, LLC
Staten Island, NY
Our Landfill, located in Staten Island, New York, consists of four individual Landfill Sections. A Landfill Gas (LFG) Production Facility is operated at the landfill, the purpose of which is to collect and control LFG from the Fresh Kills Landfill. APTIM, as the prime contractor, is responsible for continuous operation, maintenance and facility management of the Landfill Gas (LFG) Production at the Fresh Kills Landfill 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
APTIM currently has an opening for a Landfill Gas Technician at the Staten Island, NY location. Job candidate will support the Fresh Kills Landfill Gas Production O&M project in the gathering of field samples for the preparation of various reports and maintenance of equipment.
- Collection and interpretation/evaluation of scientific data
- Perform landfill gas well adjustments
- Monitoring and maintenance of
- LFG gas extraction wells
- Condensate sumps
- Pumps, blowers and flares equipment
- Perform vegetation clearance as necessary to gain access to LFG extraction wells
- Adhere to company Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures
- Conform to applicable technical standards
- Two (2) years of LFG O&M experience
- Completed a SWANA LFG Basics or equivalent classroom training
- Completed 40-hour OSHA health and safety training and refresher courses.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills; use of hand tools is a must
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a pickup truck in varying conditions
- Ability to speak, write and listen professionally
- Physically fit to perform primarily outdoor work, on landfill (with final or interim cover), that could be uneven and overgrown, under various weather conditions
- Available to work from 7am to 3:30pm on weekdays
- Minimum high school diploma (or higher)
- Positive and pro-active attitude; willingness to perform a variety of scientific and physical work on all phases of the project.
Strength: Standing 50% Walking 20% Sitting 30% Lifting 35 lb. Carrying 35 lb. Pushing 0 ft-lb. Pulling 0 ft-lb. 2. Climbing O Balancing O 3. Stooping O Kneeling O Crouching O Crawling O Reaching Handling C Fingering C
Explanation for Symbols: NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F= Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)