Lead Electrical and Instrument Technician– Eligible for $7500 Sign On Bonus
Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we’re leading the charge to a carbon-negative future—reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world’s largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we’re missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement—these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
About the role
Under general supervision, the Instrumentation & Electrical Lead Technician directs other I & E maintenance personnel in performing skilled instrumentation and electrical work in support of the overall facility operation and in maintaining operation of the process plant and power generation plant in compliance with established production schedules and plant output requirements.
- Takes an active role in working with operations supervisors, lead people and relief operators in prioritizing work to be done and in coordinating activities with operations and maintenance personnel.
- Follows up and checks on all job activities throughout the shift to ensure all work assignments are completed correctly and as requested.
- Advises and helps complete work that has become difficult or complicated beyond normal repairs.
- Sets up and pre-stages parts from the warehouse and helps in finding and retrieving parts from the warehouse to expedite work.
- Completes reports to the Daily Log with notations concerning future work.
- Relays information from supervision and management and communicates with the crew concerning schedules, anticipated schedule changes, and overtime opportunities.
- Ensures that all time worked is recorded on completed work orders.
- Must be knowledgeable in using Allen Bradley Studio 5000 and ABB S+
- Considering the lead position a “working” position, the lead person expects to not only direct the crew’s assignments, but to also participate as part of the crew.
- Ensures that all job assignment work areas are cleaned of used parts, debris, and tools upon completion of work.
During training (4-8 weeks) schedule will be Monday- Friday 6:00 am -2:30pm
After the training period this position will be an 8 or 10-hour day shift position. There is a rotating on call schedule and additional hours are scheduled during planned or unplanned outages; possibility of night support may be needed during this time.. This schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Must have at least 2 years as a Senior I & E Technician.
- Minimum four years as an industrial electrician, at least two of which includes experience in instrumentation or with adequate training certificates, or a two-year technical degree in instrumentation and two years’ experience in the power generation field.
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Walk, stand, sit, climb and be able to handle temperature changes including extreme heat.
- Be able to lift/carry 50lbs.
- Qualify to wear a full-face respirator.
What Covanta Offers You:
- Health Care Benefits - start 1st day of employment
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- 401k - match up to 7%
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Our DEI commitment
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo