Lead Engineer, Release Engineering
This role is a combination of hands-on and strategic vision around build and deployment working closely with key stakeholders across the company. A successful candidate will understand the complete software/dev lifecycle and have proven track record on developing complete release engineering solutions that will have a high impact and reach across the entire organization.
- Provide thought leadership to the enterprise for our SDLC and CI/CD strategy
- Review existing ICE tools and processes, identify gaps, and identify areas for improvement.
- POC, demo, and implement software to be used across build, deploy, and release pipeline systems for on premise bare metal, virtual, and cloud environments across Windows, Linux, and containerized platforms.
- Develop standards and practices for deployments and create re-useable interfaces for consumers.
- Define standards for configuration management solution(s).
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment
- Educate other team members
- Advanced support and design for Jira, Stash and Artifactory, including creating Jira and Bitbucket users, projects and groups - performance issues, upgrades, and automation
- Create and change Jira workflows
- Designing pipelines for builds and/or deployments
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Provide technical analysis, resolve problems, and propose solutions
- Provide support to, and coordinate with developers and operations staff
- Takes initiative, detail oriented, and demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Knowledge and Experience
- Top-tier analytics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a service-oriented team environment
- Customer focused, and dedicated to the best possible user experience
- Communicate effectively with both technical and operational resources
- Project Management, organization, and time management
- 7+ years of experience with any of the following technologies:
- Hands on experience with container technologies and orchestration including, but not limited to, docker, podman, Kubernetes, tanzu, openshift, EKS, and AKS.
- Experience with cloud providers and architecture including GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Solid understanding of the basic principles of devops, CI/CD, agile and lean philosophies
- Scripting languages like Bash, Ruby, Groovy, PowerShell scripting, JIRA, Python, and Jenkins
- Linux or Windows administration
- Jenkins Administration, provisioning access
- Understand Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts
- SQL and web development
- Windows Technologies such as Nuget, Windows DSC
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.