Lead Equipment Engineer – 1st shift
Andover Ma, MA
Country:United States of America
Location:MA112: Andover MA 358 Lowell St Dukes 358 Lowell Street Dukes, Andover, MA, 01810 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
Raytheon is hiring for an Equipment Engineer to join our surface acoustic wave (SAW) wafer fabrication team in the Semiconductors department of Radio Frequency Technologies (RFT).
As a member of the SAWs Crystal fab team, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of device fabrication equipment for products in the SAW wafer fab. Daily duties include engineering support of equipment and relevant tasks, training technicians, review of equipment data trends, and failure analysis of major tool down events, all with a goal of reducing rework and scrap, down time, and increasing efficiency in the production line. A significant portion of the role involves monitoring equipment health on equipment including, but not limited to: Seal furnaces and fixtures, Trim and marking lasers, Dicing saws, E Beam Evaporators, Ion Miller, RIE Etchers, Mask Aligners, Plasma etchers, Uvoc’s cleaners, Barrel etchers (Anatechs), Photo resist spinners, Screen printer, Exhaust hoods and components, scheduling service, managing PM calendars, order parts, and interfacing with vendors and suppliers, and driving equipment improvements. Presence on the manufacturing floor is required for quick resolution of issues, and reaction time to prevent interruption to customer commitments critical. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of microelectronics processing techniques such as deposition, etch, photolithography, and wafer-level packaging and will demonstrate intellectual curiosity with a drive to learn and question process variations.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Participate in continuous improvement activity, specifically with SPC controls of critical inputs to the manufacturing process and will work to improve up time performance on assigned systems.
- Ensure equipment availability by implementing corrective actions for hardware and software related equipment issues.
- Drive data collection and equipment health through the use of the Asset Manager module in our MES.
- Support of emergency response team (ERT).
- Performs related hands-on experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Documented experience with high vacuum, RF, and gas delivery systems.
- Typically require a university degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience.
- Familiar with SEMI 10 semiconductor standards
- Read and understand equipment manuals and schematics.
- Have a fundamental knowledge of SPC controls with the ability to implement SPC control plans on existing equipment and new equipment installations.
- Able to document work and provide detailed pass down.
- Experience with predictive maintenance and SPC controls using FDC software.
- Related experience as a hand-on Equipment Maintenance Technician/ Engineer maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Proficient use of MS Office products.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo