Lead Fiber Tech -TSMC
IES Holdings, LLC
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
This project is located on the 303 freeway I-17 freeway (North Phoenix area)
The Lead Fiber Technician will act as the on-site coordinator and crew supervisor for voice and data installation projects. The Lead Fiber Tech’s task will be to ensure job completion according to company and customer quality and safety requirements while maintaining the efficiency of the staff assigned to the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Cabling & Termination
- Lead Fiber Technician will consistently run major project crews; assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary training; assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; initiate performance related communications and escalate to Project Manager if necessary.
- The Lead Fiber Technician coordinates with Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
- The Lead Fiber Technician will install a work area outlet for floor, modular furniture and wall (terminate CAT 3 & CAT 5 jacks. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere to IES COMMERCIAL labeling standards).
- The Lead Fiber Technician will build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels).
- The Lead Fiber Technician performs testing: continuity test horizontal and riser cable; use of volt-ohmmeter; troubleshoot opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser cable; use a tone set.
- The Lead Fiber Technician installs LC, SC, ST, FC, FDDI, SMA and MPO/MTP connectors, for both multi-mode & single-mode fiber
- The Lead Fiber Technician will terminate simplex & duplex jumper cord
- The Lead Fiber Technician will terminate & breakout outside plant (loose tube) fiber (e.g. Corning/Commscope)
- The Lead Fiber Technician will terminate & breakout outside plant (loose tube) fiber (e.g. 3DNX)
- The Lead Fiber Technician will terminate indoor tight buffered multimode and single-mode fiber.
- The Lead Fiber Technician will install fan out kits including buffer tube
- The Lead Fiber Technician will calculate end to end loss budgets in accordance with TIA/EIA standards for multimode & single-mode fiber
- The Lead Fiber Technician will fully complete all IES paperwork accurately and on time specifically: timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, Job Blog, tool transfers and others as required
- The Lead Fiber Technician will complete any other duties as assigned
- Will test using an OTDR, Fluke DTX 180
- Troubleshoots using an OTDR to identify and correct problems end to end, and Network wide
- Will perform mechanical splicing with all types of fiber cable
- Will perform fusion splicing with all types of fiber cable
- Performs building entrance splices, maintenance space, and direct buried splices
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must be able to work at heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
- Must be proficient at terminating all connector types and methods for SMF and MMF systems (Unicam, anaerobic, heat-cure)
- Must have Testing & Troubleshooting MMF & SMF systems experience (OTDR & PMLS)
- Must be able to meet IES driving standards policy
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in Fiber and leading small groups.
- Prefer Industry Certifications (Corning/FOA)
- Prefer Data Center installation experience
- Prefer Mechanical and Fusion Splice experience
- Prefer OSP / Confined Space Entry experience (splicing)
- Must be able to use the following trade Tools: Screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves. Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Minimum Years of Experience2-4
Minimum EducationHigh School
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2021 fiscal year ending September 30, 2021, IES produced over $1.53 billion in revenue and employed over 6,800 employees at over 99 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work