Lead Field Service Technician
Intergrated Power Services
La Porte, TX
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We are looking for a talented Lead Field Service Technician to perform vibration analysis, thermographic imaging and various electrical tests to diagnose and repair units. IPS Lead Field Service Technicians demonstrate strong repair skills and are committed to providing an Unmatched Customer Experience.
- Lead and direct Field Service Technicians through effectively communicating goals, supporting and promoting collaboration
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills in finding creative and safe solutions
- Responsible for field service safety checklist on jobs and to identify and mitigate job hazards
- Prepare technical reports providing information on condition of equipment serviced and provide recommended action
- Assist with preparing proposals, performing job walks and defining work scope to meet customers reliability, preventative maintenance, motor change-out, and equipment testing needs and requirements
- Perform electrical tests using portable electronic equipment including but not limited to: Megger®, PdMA MCE, Multimeter, and DLRO
- Install/Remove AC and DC electric motors, laser align equipment, read precision measuring tools such as micrometers, replace sleeve and anti-friction bearings, set seals, air gap, torque critical components to proper torque specs
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment utilizing bead blasting, ice blasting, and solvent cleaning
- Ensure a professional environment utilizing customer facing skills
- Ensure work orders are completed in compliance with operative policies and procedures
- Interpret and ensure compliance with operating policies and procedures
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 2+ years PdMA testing experience required
- Level I Vibration Analysis required, Level II preferred
- 3+ years of AC/DC motor experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical problem-solving techniques
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work procedures and apply strong analytical problem-solving dynamics in a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to non-routine duties within set company standards
- Demonstrates strong customer focus with professional, effective communication and interfacing
- Available and willing to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as required, willingness to be on call
- Ability to perform math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel locally and overnight
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs. in weight
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor for up to 12 or more hours per day
- Acute hearing and strong field of vision
- Ability to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Employer Match
- On-the-job Training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Safety shoe & glasses reimbursement
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.