Lead Onsite AV Service Engineer – Philadelphia
Cenero employees are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing, and having fun!
The AV On-Site Support Engineer will provide daily on-site support for audiovisual (AV), IT, and related systems on a client site in Philadelphia, PA. This position will also function as a service escalation point providing technical guidance and assistance to the client personnel, Cenero Project Management, and Subcontractors as needed and supervise Cenero onsite support personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support for audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT systems.
- Diagnose/ adjust/ repair and/or escalate audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT-related systems.
- Configure & deploy equipment for various applications as necessary.
- Provide end-user support including concierge system assistance and meeting support.
- Develop a professional environment that includes rapidly building technical credibility with the Client while providing exemplary Customer Service that Cenero is known in the industry for.
- Professionally represent Cenero with Senior-level Clients showing empathy, patience, and competence.
- Clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to peers, clients, and management.
- Maintain new technology awareness through continuing education, training, seminars, and reading.
- Help with coordinating all aspects of new designated projects at Customers facility including:
- Assist with communications between Cenero and the customer
- Help coordinate new project scheduling between Client and Cenero Operations Manager.
- Attend applicable new project meetings representing Cenero
- Professionally represent Cenero at all times to the Customer and other Contractors
- Conduct site surveys for new business opportunities when appropriate
- Assist Cenero Operational teams with installations and troubleshooting, as required.
- Function as Cenero’s final “quality control” inspector to ensure all project work meets or exceeds the design specification.
- Accurately maintain Customer Service Ticket information in Cenero’s CRM
- Maintain accurate timesheet information.
- Coach/lead/mentor other on site Cenero Employees
- Other duties as assigned when deemed appropriate.
Manage all aspects of assigned service tickets from creation through resolution. Lead, train, coach and mentoring other Cenero onsite support personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering and four+ years Customer Service experience or 7+ years AV-related Service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 Years in Supervisory, Team Lead or other Management role directly supervising employees
- Detailed working knowledge of audiovisual systems including control systems, touch screens, switchers, projectors, Blu-ray players, displays, microphones, speakers, and amps.
- Ability to terminate typical audiovisual-related cabling including CAT, BNC, and XLR.
- Detailed working knowledge of Video & Audio Conferencing systems (Polycom, Biamp, QSC preferred).
- Working knowledge of AV control systems (Crestron & AMX preferred).
- Detailed working knowledge of video & acoustic technical principles and basic electrical wiring.
- Requires detailed working knowledge of audiovisual test and repair equipment.
- General Knowledge of ISDN T1/E1, Ethernet and H.320, H.323, and SIP protocols.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Detailed working knowledge of computers (Windows-based) and office software.
- Audiovisual installation experience is desired.
KEY REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS
- Resourceful and technically curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to confidently function in occasional high-stress situations
- Strong desire to help clients succeed
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including product specifications, wiring diagrams, and architectural drawings; Ability to respond effectively to sensitive customer inquiries or complaints; Ability to clearly and unambiguously communicate verbally or in writing.
The ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra and acoustical equations is assumed.
In addition to excellent communication skills, have the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
General Audio Visual:
- CTS-X, General Certification, preferred
- Crestron DMC-E-4K
- Audio DSP Certifications, Biamp, Qsys, etc.
- Other applicable industry certifications and training as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, climb a 12’ ladder and reach with hands and arms. Lifting objects with a max weight of 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment is typical of a business environment, conference rooms, offices, server rooms, and NOC centers. There is potential to travel to other sites on occasion.
Cenero provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.