Lead Operator (2nd Shift)
Wise Plastics Technologies
St. Charles, IL
We're seeking a career-minded, self-starter to join our team on 2nd shift!
Why Work for Us?
- Great People!
- We've been named a Great Place to Work for 4 consecutive years
- Stable and growing company
- Career growth with multiple paths
- Family feel culture
- Clean, modern, safe manufacturing facility
- Great work-life balance
In this role, you will:
- Assist the Supervisor or Sr. Lead with various shift activities such as machine set-ups, workstation set-ups, and assigning work.
- Support the operators by addressing quality issues.
- Train new employees.
- Serve as a backup to the machine operators and fill in for breaks.
- Utilize computer systems and software to perform the job duties.
1 year of previous manufacturing and/or quality experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, leadership skills, attention to detail, ability to work in fast paced environment and multi-task. Teamwork, dependable, organized, able to adapt to frequent change, experience in delivering hands-on training.
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge:
Previous experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment and using basic hand tools, previous ERP experience, ISO Standards, continuous improvement concepts/tools such as 5S and root cause analysis, bi-lingual Spanish, MS Office, previous supervisory experience.
Education Level / Required Certification:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent
May be required to work overtime and weekends, May be required to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time. May be required to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, climb ladders. Will be exposed to odor of plastics and may lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds. May use alcohol for cleaning purposes. Must be able to wear required PPE. Will operate pallet jacks. Other duties as assigned.ID:uDnQdo