Lead Plant Mechanic
Transit Mix Concrete Co.
Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, has immediate openings for a 1st Shift Fixed Mechanic Lead to support operations at Rockville Crushed Stone in Rockville, Maryland. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of fixed electrical equipment, mechanical equipment, systems and machinery. This position typically works from 6:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Overtime will be required and shift may be adjusted for business needs.
- Routinely walk the plant to inspect mechanical equipment and parts and systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of repair.
- Maintain mechanical systems associated with crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens and screen bearings.
- Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
- Always ensure all safety guards are on equipment when it is energized
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible. Complete incident reports as instructed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular safety toolbox talks, production meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- A minimum of three years of experience performing the functions listed above in a construction, building materials, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proficient in hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Welding skills are desirable.
- Strong safety-orientation
- Ability to work overtime.