Lead Quality Engineer Specialist
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons has developed a strong working relationship with NASA since 1995. As we continue supporting NASA, our mission is to provide engineering, construction, design-build, information technology, and program management services to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. We are looking for a well-versed Lead Quality Engineer to join our team on the 5-year NASA Facilities Construction, Engineer, and Technical services (FaCETS) III Contract.
With minimal supervision, performs complex and difficult quality control inspection activities on assigned project and or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons requirements. Serves in a lead role, providing leadership to Quality Control staff.
- Provide technical guidance to lower-level Quality Control Inspectors.
- Document quality inspections on all construction projects and identify quality problems.
- Provide initial inspection of each section of work to specifically establish a standard quality for the remainder of the work.
- Examine the quality of workmanship to ensure compliance with the contract requirements and specifications.
- Conduct tests to ensure that construction materials and workmanship meet specifications.
- Witness, monitor, and approve tests including overall test procedures for tests by independent testing agencies, or conduct tests including laboratory and field analysis of soils, concrete, paving materials, aggregates, general construction materials, HVAC balancing, mechanical and electrical systems, etc.
- Ensure all testing is meeting the requirements of the NASA specifications.
- Maintain testing records and Quality Document control on all active projects from start to project closeout.
- Monitor construction progress.
- Review overall schedules and maintaining daily logs.
- Attend and participate in pre-construction meetings, regular progress meetings, and any applicable Quality Control meetings.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- Perform Quality control of subcontractors regarding work quality.
- Track and update monthly Subcontractor hours worked.
- Schedule and participate in Operational Readiness Reviews (ORR’s) and walk-through’s, including commissioning and activation reviews.
- Prepare and resolve punch lists.
- Ensure all quality issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain records including submittal logs, quality control records, correspondence, shop drawings, Requests for Information (RFI’s) and responses, and modifications.
- Coordinate inspections with Quality Assurance Personnel (Quality Assurance program by others).
- Prepare daily Quality Control (QC) Reports.
- Review/ reconcile quality control reports.
- Maintain updated Master deficiency list.
- Prepare all required monthly reports for the quality program for distribution to the government.
- Provide jobsite specific supplemental CQC plans when required.
- Ensure all work performed is in complete compliance with the contract specifications.
- Review construction submittals and ensure they are compliance with specification and drawing requirements.
- Issue hot work permits after receiving training.
- Open job sites for subcontractors when needed, ensure they are closed when they are completed for the day.
- After hours work will be required as the work dictates.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Math, Quality or related field and 8-10 years related construction experience or a High School/Trade School diploma and 10+ years construction experience
- Requires construction experience in various construction environments including but not limited to exterior civil/structural/electrical field to interior mechanical/architectural/fire protection building repairs and cleanrooms.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management Certification is required.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
- Requires computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Requires proficiency in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis, and retention of quality records.
- Requires leadership ability.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range:$100,400.00 - $175,700.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!