LEAD SAW OPERATOR
UACJ Automotive Whitehall Industries, Inc.
Job Purpose: To oversee all saw operations, including quality assurance procedures, schedule accuracy, production programming, and light maintenance as required.
- Education and Experience: 1 -2 years manufacturing experience and a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Knowledge & Skills: Basic arithmetic and knowledge of shop practices and procedures, production processes, quality control, manufacturing machines and related tools preferred. Must be able to lead and promote a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Follow quality control procedures.
- Organize work flow to be most efficient as per schedule
- Responsible for production control paperwork accuracy
- Program cuts, clamping, feed rates, pressure for clamps and length
- Maintain downtime to minimal levels, use resources as required
- Train other team members on saw operations
- Oversee inspection of production according to quality guidelines
- Perform light maintenance as required
- Ensure all production information is entered into the system (downtime, time of job, and scrap)
Training Requirements: New Employee orientation, On-The-Job, OJT refresher as needed, SPC, PPE, Operator Instructions, Inspection Instructions
Level of Authority: None
Physical Demands: Requires standing for long periods of time and some walking (up to 7 hours), using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls; frequent repetitive movement, bending or twisting, lifting up to 10 lbs frequently, and occasionally up to 50 lbs; exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable, and wearing common protective or safety equipment.