Lead Software Integration Engineer
Automotive and Mobility Supplier
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting TitleLead Software Integration Engineer
Job Description SummaryThe Lead Software Integration Engineer provides direction and leadership to integrate software components into complete package as well as supporting documentation and configuration management of software release packages.
The Lead Software Integration Engineer is responsible for:
- Integrate software in connection with SWE 1 and SWE 2 requirements
- Perform code quality testing in a variety of tool environments
- Manage build environment
- Oversee the delivery of all required SWE5 artifacts/process steps from team members
- Support customer technical meetings on request
- Update and maintain linker file and make files
- Analyze tools for and results of code analyzers, static code analyzers, and other tools
- Maintain detailed, accurate release details
- Other duties as require
Required Skills and Education
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software integration and software integration test
- 3+ years of experience with AUTOSAR 4.2/4.3 development tools like ETAS ISOLAR or Vector DaVinci
- 3+ years of experience with CAN/CAN FD communication protocol using vector’s CANoe/CANape
- 3+ years of experience with integration of bootloader
- 3+ years of experience with configuration of code analysis and resolution of issues found within Polyspace CodeProver and Bugfinder
- Expertise in automotive embedded systems and their interaction with other systems throughout the lifecycle (production, operation in the vehicle, maintenance, post SOP support, …)
- 2+ years of experience with use of VectorCast for integration testing (interface testing, fault injection testing, verification of control flow/data flow) as well as for code coverage analysis (function coverage, call coverage)
- 2+ years of experience with creating build configuration files (linker files, make files)
- 2+ years of experience with performing resource consumption analysis (memory analysis, timing analysis, stack utilization analysis) and mentoring on resolution methods for issues
- Experience with AbsInt StackAnalyzer or similar tool
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management on software releases and content within using configuration management tools with IBM RTC or similar tools.
- Knowledge of automotive cybersecurity
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and functional safety
- Ability to develop and explain technical decisions and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Proven ability to perform meticulous work with careful attention to detail but performed in a very fast-paced and exciting environment and to identify process improvement opportunities
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 85 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [email protected] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.