Fugro USA Land
Fugro specializes in data-driven asset management, so you can monitor and assess the condition of your structures. This way, you’ll catch vulnerabilities before they pose a risk and schedule maintenance in time. Your assets won’t just work better, but longer too.
Offshore Lead Surveyor - Responsible for interfacing, calibrating, and operating all navigation and positioning systems onboard the vessel they are assigned to.
- Performs as Survey team leader during mobilization, operation and demobilization of surface positioning, subsea positioning.
- Operates and calibrates surface positioning software and equipment with no assistance.
- Operates and calibrates Ultra Short Base Line (USBL) equipment with no assistance.
- Operates Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) equipment with limited or no assistance.
- Performs as shift leader for (USBL) operations.
- Maintains open lines of communication between Party Chief and office Management.
- Maintains survey notes and performs geodesy confirmations.
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership in performance of duties.
- Provides on-the-job training to junior staff.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Initiative (self-starter), requiring little to no direct direction from leadership
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intimate understanding of classic survey techniques and how they affect offshore surveying principles.
- Capable of producing technical reports as they pertain to client deliverables.
- Capable of interfacing all required geophysical and navigation equipment to the navigation system.
- Maintains ownership of the navigation system while aboard the geophysical vessels.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one year experience as an Acoustic Survey Specialist or similar position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Geomatics experience preferred, experience with acoustic or navigation systems, or electronics is accepted in lieu of degree.
What’s in it for you?
At Fugro, our people are truly our number one priority and are central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.