Lead Tech, Materials Planning – Cypress, CA (Hybrid)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW129: Cypress, CA 11190 Valley View Street, Cypress, CA, 90630 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We’ve introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment.* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process.
Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required. Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP. Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process. Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/interplant parts and outbound finished products. Tracks and manages inter/interplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow. May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution. Monitors tracking and shipping. Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material. Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
- Works under general supervision to assist with Materials Planning and SIOP program management tasks.
- Guides lower-level staff on how to translate, distribute, and maintain limited to moderate-scope Materials Planning and SIOP policy and procedure documents, manuals, and other related information.
- Collects and analyzes basic to moderately-complex data on a periodic basis (e.g., monthly, quarterly) and guides lower-level staff on how to maintain data management systems.
- Develops limited to moderate-scope reports detailing Materials Planning and SIOP activities.
- Guides staff in the development of communication materials.
- Tracks the status and documents the findings of small to mid-scale Materials Planning and SIOP projects.
- Material procurement
- Performance of all tasks involved with Engine Material procurement and tracking
- Track inventory
- Provide parts logistics support
- Evaluate inventory to determine excess and obsolete material based on material usage
- Coordinate with production to determine Sales Order Material requirement
- Prioritize and manage material deliveries to insure on time delivery of sales orders
- Order Exchange Parts
- Ensure Engines meet Cycle 2 Clearance Date
- Handling phone and electronic communications with suppliers
- Ensure discrepancies relating to Purchase Orders / Invoices are resolved on a timely basis
- Open PO’s
- Work with PWC Spares
- Work with PWCS
- Ability to work overtime and on-call as required in support of business needs
- HS Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous Provisioning Experience
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to shift from one priority to another mid-stream
- Excellent organization and computer skills
- SAP Experience
- Continuous Improvement Experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms