Stewart & Stevenson
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing complex and/or major mechanical repairs in a shop
environment on customer's equipment including trucks, buses, engines, engine components, and
subassemblies. Assist shop supervisor and/or manager in coordinating the activities of lower level Truck
Service Shop Technicians.
* Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with customer's equipment.
* Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
* Perform complex and/or major repairs on customer's equipment. Replace parts and equipment as
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
* Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
* Explain and demonstrate mechanical repair procedures and techniques to lower level Shop Technicians.
Assist lower level Shop Technicians in resolving technical problems and advise supervisor of complex
problems. May interpret job orders or other documentation for lower level Shop Technicians.
* May assign and revise work assignments to lower level Shop Technicians as required by priorities and
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and four to ten years related experience
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or diesel engine repair required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the position, location, and/or
Work outside as well as in a shop environment. Shop environment may not have air conditioning.
The company had reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate