Lead Warehouse Associate
We are hiring immediately for a highly motivated warehouse worker as a Team Lead at our distribution facility. We will teach you about distribution and supply chain techniques valued by Fortune 250 companies around the globe. We are Wesco. We enable the connected world – you help turn on the lights.
What’s in it for you:
In addition to best-in-class benefits (insurance, PTO, 401K, etc.) we offer:
- A CAREER. Lead warehouse workers develop skills that provide advancement into other leadership roles or positions within Wesco
- Employee referral rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- National discounts on commonly used items (phone plans, Whirlpool appliances, etc.)
You matter at Wesco. We’re a global Fortune 250 distributor, but we’re also down to earth, people-first place to work. Our teams are made up of people who care about continuous improvement, not big egos.
Here is what you can expect:
- Directing and advising the daily activities of a team of warehouse workers
- Provide the right training and development for warehouse employees
- Operating cutting equipment, hand and power tools to process orders
- Maintain inventory and service levels to meet all necessary customer requirements and delivery deadlines
- Acting as a backup to the Operations Supervisor when they are unavailable
What you need to apply:
- High School degree or equivalent required
- 2 years previous experience in a warehouse, distribution center, manufacturing or retail company
- 1 year required, 2 years preferred experience as a senior warehouse associate or similar role
- Strong background in all areas of warehousing including shipping, receiving, inventory and quality control
- Strong analytical, math, reading, writing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Prior experience operating forklifts and/or other powered industrial equipment
- First aid certification and forklift license are an asset
Who is this company with all these great things to offer?
We are Wesco a Fortune 250 company, and the world’s leading supplier of products used to connect voice, video, data, security systems, specialty electrical and electronic wire and cable for building construction, industrial maintenance and original equipment manufacturing, as well as the leader in providing fasteners and C-class components to OEMs and production lines.
We are proud of our culture of ethics, honesty, diversity and growth. We reward initiative and original ideas. Wesco employs individuals around the world. We seek out and encourage diversity of thought and experience. Our differences strengthen our company and enrich our culture. It’s safe to say, you will be welcome here.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Apply Now!
The expected salary range for this role is $41,200- $49,500. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer