Lead Warehouse Supervisor – UPM Chicago
United Performance Metals is seeking an Operations Lead for its Chicago, Illinois location. As the Operations Lead, you will be responsible for the overall technical/engineering project management functions, process development, and approval supporting all UPM facilities. In addition, the individual will be responsible for UPM Chicago's Warehouse including but not limited to the overall leadership of the team and profitability. This includes leadership and direction of warehouse operations, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Superior Quality, Customer Fulfillment, and Cost Containment while developing a working atmosphere for all employees that is safe, comfortable and conducive to personal growth and development while sustaining an atmosphere of positive morale.
Supported by O’Neal Industries with 100 years of expertise, this opening will provide you the opportunity to learn what it takes to distribute specialty metals across the globe. Through advanced technology and global reach, our company prides itself on delivering excellence and growing opportunities for our members.
Working Hours: 8am - 5pm (flexible)
Key Performance Indicators: Proficient in advanced Project Management skills including Manufacturing Processes, Industrial Engineering, and Process Improvement. Establish World Class Operations in the UPM Chicago Warehouse delivering low-cost operations, exceptional customer performance, and advanced operational development.
- Technical/Process Development:
- Continuous Improvement
- Support to sales, Business Development and Program Management, and all areas of Operations/Manufacturing
- Support Operations Industrial Engineering efforts with Production Time Studies, LEAN Project Analysis, and Work-Center Process Improvements.
- Support all Operations Leaders with New Equipment Analysis and Training, Productivity Improvements, Cost Reductions, Lead-time reductions
- Responsible for the training and development of all direct and indirect employees related to unacceptable performance, behavior, and personal career development goals.
- Provide effective leadership to all direct and indirect reports to create/maintain an efficient, cost-effective organization while creating a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Working with the Operations Manager to, develop, implement, and maintain an environment of a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture at all levels of the warehouse operations.
- Housekeeping: Implement housekeeping standards and ensure the housekeeping in all areas of the warehouse (inside and outside) is maintained to an acceptable level throughout each day.
- 5S/Lean: Working with the Operations Manager to, implement, enforce, and maintain an environment of 5S and Lean concepts to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency
- Maintain inventory integrity and accuracy
- Quality: Fully support and enforce compliance with all AS/ISO requirements.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office while creating spreadsheets and using pivot tables and Access.
- Solid and proven coaching/leadership skills with the ability to cultivate an environment fostering teamwork and results.
- Strong communication (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions under high-pressure situations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- 401k match
- Competitive premiums on health, eye, and dental insurance
- 2 weeks PTO, plus sick and personal time
- Discounts with Verizon and AT&T
- Quarterly bonus program