Legal Site Supervisor
East Palo Alto, CA
Come Create at Ricoh
If you are seeking a team driven by passion and purpose, come create with us at Ricoh. We are a team of information seekers and customer-obsessed collaborators who aspire to deliver the services, solutions, and technologies that empower business success. We are looking for talented, inspired individuals to join us to help drive high-performance team and our commitment to excellence.
Ricoh is an integrated solutions provider and partner that connects people and technology, creates outstanding customer experiences, and delivers innovation for businesses worldwide. We empower digital workplaces by enabling individuals to work smarter from any location and harness the power of information—how it is collected, stored, managed, and shared—to unlock the potential in every organization. We deliver services and technologies that inspire our customers’ success and guide them toward a better and more sustainable future. If you are seeking a purpose-driven and passionate team, come create with us, and help drive our high-performance culture of excellence into tomorrow.
Invest in yourself
At Ricoh, you can:
- Choose from a broad selection of medical, dental, life, and disability insurance options.
- Contribute to your financial security with Retirement Savings Plan (401K), Health Savings Account (HSA), and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) investments.
- Augment your education with team member tuition assistance programs.
- Enjoy paid vacation time and paid holidays annually.
- Tap into many other benefits to enhance your health, wellness, and ongoing personal and professional development.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of a specified 1 to 3 person site within a legal office environment. Reports directly to an Account Manager and works to provide employee developmental support. Will also assist in employee relations matters as it pertains to supervising and directing. Works to develop, implement, and review procedures for compliance and improvement. Prepares, creates, validates, and invoices client(s) as per the customer's billing needs. Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, court reporters, vendors, staff, and others. The Site Supervisor is the point person for customer issues as well as providing direction for issue resolution. Works directly or indirectly assisting the site operations with any of the following office functions: copy, production, and scanning, fax, mail, and shipping, hospitality assistance, conference room set up and scheduling, receptionist backup, facilities support, and inventory control. Works to maintain and control an acceptable profit level within the site while looking for additional service offerings to enhance the customers work flow.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEGAL ENVIRONMENT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Possess the legal background to understand client matter work flow, such as:
- Charge back to firm and/or clients for work, supplies, hours, etc.
- Familiar with legal technologies and software such as document management systems as well as cost recovery and charge back systems (examples: Copitrak/Equitrac, etc.).
- Familiar with legal records management processes.
- Familiar with processes and documents such as: closing binders, depositions, transcripts, briefs, addendums, filings, discovery, judgments, knowledge of court systems, and the proper delivery of items and documents within the court system.
- Assists with scheduling needed equipment, labor, and supplies for offsite trial(s).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the effective implementation and management of the RICOH Service Excellence methodology.
- Functions as a working supervisor, assisting in the daily tasks and operations as per the customer contract.
- Handles formal contact with the customer daily.
- Handles highly confidential documents that may be time sensitive.
- Provides quality work due to the sensitive nature of documents and projects that are required in a legal environment.
- Responsible for understanding the law firm structure and hierarchy while interacting and providing professional support to firm associates (legal secretaries, project managers, paralegals, associates, and partners).
- Responsible for job accuracy on project work that may require an expedient turnaround and have a tight deadline.
- Provides training on workflow and machine operations when necessary.
- Ensures payroll accuracy by overseeing and correcting all time clock punches.
- Achieves shift profitability (cost of goods) by effectively supervising the labor, materials, and supplies.
- Operates shifts and maintains quality of work to comply with audits and deadlines.
- Meets quality and deadline standards by the effective use of job scheduling practices.
- Maintains efficient workflow by holding direct reports accountable for quality and efficiency of their work.
- Facilitates resolution of issues concerning pricing, orders-in, and invoicing.
- Ensures all direct reports execute objectives using tools such as: a developmental plan, ninety (90) day plan, and regular performance reviews.
- Posts reports showing productivity, quality, and deadline results.
- Maintains positive internal working relationships with all department employees by communicating in a professional manner.
- Completes site reports and other paperwork on time and accurately.
- Completes month-end management report.
- Assists the account manager with review of the monthly financial reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.