Level I or Level II UT Technician
MISTRAS Group, Inc.
Our Heath, OH lab is seeking a Level I or II NDT Technician to provide in-house laboratory inspection in the following Non-destructive testing technique: Ultrasonic (UT).
- Set up and calibrate equipment.
- Conduct tests with appropriate NDT technique(s). Immersion inspection experience is required.
- Interpret, evaluate and document results.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel (applicable to Level II position).
- Must be familiar with the Aerospace Prime Contractor specifications and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
- Work with minimal supervision, applicable to Level II position.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
- Edit and present numerical data effectively.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting ASNT-TC-1A for UT is required.
- Prior certification as an NDE Level II, the candidate must have one (1) year experience or prior certification as an NDE Level I technician with adequate experience hours to certify to Level II per ASNT-TC-1A standard for UT.
- In-house plant/shop atmosphere.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and clients.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around other NDT inspection equipment and Forklifts moving parts around, can cause elevated noise levels.
- Must be physically fit and able to pick up 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
Note to Applicants:
Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Note to Rhode Island Applicants: The company is subject to Chapters 29-38 of Title 28 of the General Laws of Rhode Island, and is therefore covered by the states worker's compensation law.
Initial ( if applicable) Massachusetts Applicants: I understand that it is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Initial ( if applicable): Maryland Applicants: I UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A POLYGRAPH OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.