Lexington SC US5/US7 Production Operator
Camso USA, Inc.
Lexington SC US5/US7 Production Operator
Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Starting pay is $21.34. You will receive an additional $2.00/hour once you begin rotating 12 hour shifts.
If you have strong work habits, like to solve problems, want to learn, and grow, have an aptitude to work with your hands to provide high-quality products in a safe manner, and enjoy working in an environment where everyone is a team player and committed to treating others with trust and respect, then joining the Michelin team is right for you.
In You, We Are Looking For:
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on all in-process quality inspections of product
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to understand the mechanics of machinery and use of tools
- Ability to follow instructions with an aptitude for working with mathematical numbers
- Ability to promote and encourage teamwork
- High School diploma or GED required
- Manufacturing experience preferred or solid work history
- Applicant must pass a background check
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
- Ability to lift 30 or more pounds as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Familiarity with rotating schedules or an ability to work rotating shifts
- Stamina for standing long periods of time, bending, and squatting
- At all times, wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Rotate 12-hour shifts, working 2 weeks M-Shift (Morning: 7:30am to 7:30pm) and then switching to 2 weeks E-Shift (Evening: 7:30pm to 7:30am); you will work every other weekend
- You will not work more than 3 days in a row unless you work overtime
- 2-2-3, working 15 days per month but full-time hours
- Perform basic machine operations including stacking raw material, handling finished products, performing quality inspections, and making minor machine adjustments as needed
- Monitor the condition and performance of the available equipment by analyzing the abnormalities, setting up the corrective actions, if possible, and suggesting solutions for continuous improvement
- Respect all the safety requirements, especially for handling equipment
- Follow instructions thoroughly regarding verification of products
- Ensure the availability and organization of semi-finished products on machines / manufacturing stations
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Exemplify maturity, positivity, confidence, energy, and motivation
- Be committed and dependable by showing up to work for scheduled shifts and on time
- Ability to take and pass tests to achieve required certifications
- Take the safety standards seriously and comply with PPE
- Ensure quality is achieved in all aspects of your job and note any quality concerns as they arise
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and manage your own workload
- Good concentration and attention to detail to quickly notice errors on a production line
- Strong teamwork skills, as the job involves working with others in a team
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures and make minor adjustments
A Great Place to Work:
- We recruit for a career and consider your progression beyond your first position
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package effective on hire date with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance, and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- 12 weeks of maternity leave
- 2 weeks of paternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite Michelin Medical Center for lower cost family medical care
- Low-cost Wellness Center (gym) available to employees and family members
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- A 401(k) match with Vanguard - your 5% contribution is matched with a 4% Michelin contribution
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite cafeteria
- Onsite MTC Federal Credit Union
- Paid Time Off
More about Michelin:
Michelin is a worldwide leader in Tires. Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures, and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks, and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps, and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!ID:uDnQdo