LifeMade – Wilton Manufacturing – Technician, Auto & Manufacturing I
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Position Title: Technician, Automation & Manufacturing I
Location: All Plastics Location
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Job Code: PTAM01
Responsible for the maintenance and technical support of automated and semi-automated manufacturing solutions for a high-volume consumer products application.
- Ensure all machinery, equipment, building structures and facilities are maintained and functioning properly.
- Performs maintenance on all manufacturing and facility equipment, such as mold presses, auxiliary equipment and miscellaneous plant equipment.
- Participates in the maintenance of the preventative maintenance program insuring optimum machine utilization.
- Recommend and lead innovative improvements to upgrade equipment and processes.
- Ensure accuracy of maintenance history records for all equipment.
- Interface with production when necessary to schedule equipment maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical problems on equipment and provide timely short-term and long-term recommendations.
- Where applicable, provides timely and detailed information to management on equipment status, issues, corrective actions, and updates on activities that had taken place during the applicable shift.
- Shows proactive thinking in training and development of shift personnel to maximize efficiencies in the shift operation.
- Coordinates with production and tooling on all issues that are beyond the skill level of the shift team to ensure accurate communication of needs for repair and timeliness for completion.
- Supports a quality first approach to daily tasks to provide the best product to our customers.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in Automation in a manufacturing environment, responsible for sophisticated manufacturing and automation equipment.
- Detailed knowledge in PLC programming and electrical controls
- Detailed knowledge in the mechanical and design areas of automation with general machining capabilities.
- Thorough familiarity with hydraulic function of manufacturing equipment.
- Thorough familiarity with Electrical/Electronic components of manufacturing equipment.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts, as applicable.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.Apply Now