Line 1 Process Fry Operator (Crew A) Grand Forks FG
J. R. Simplot Co.
Grand Forks, ND
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job is responsible for the operation of the line 1 or 4 blanchers, dryer, fryer, and related systems. The fryer operator has primary responsibility for product quality with regard to solids, color, and texture. The individual in this job is responsible for all equipment from the blanchers through the fryers to and including dryer and oil miser. The Fryer Operator is responsible for adding and mixing additives, checking dextrose and additive levels, performing free fatty acid tests, maintaining and recording temperatures of all equipment in this work area, ensuring correct oil usage for product being produced, and ensuring that product specifications are met to achieve operational goals.
- Fryer Operators are required to be cross-trained on Line 1, Line 4, and Batter Operator duties.
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe work practices (including Standard Operating Procedures) and policies.
- Attend and participate in all training activities for the position. Ensure the acquired skills and knowledge are applied.
- Ensures that process data from the Blancher, Fryer and Sapp/Sugar Dip system are monitored in Wonderware.
- Must be able to read and understand training materials, and other information related to the job and complete paperwork in a timely, efficient manner so the paperwork is thorough and legible. Must be able to enter data into computer.
- Ensures that the oil system is operated safely and correctly to maintain proper filtration and free fatty acid levels (FFA). Ensures the preparation of additives and monitors their flow into the transfer system.
- Performs required fry-ups and takes Agtron color measurements to make any necessary color adjustments. Ensures SAPP, Sugar and Free Fatty Acid tests are conducted to maintain levels at target values.
- Ensures the monitoring of the blancher circulation system and flushes/unplugs this system as necessary.
- Checks all equipment in the Dryer area to ensure they are fully functional. Checks all equipment in the Fryer area to ensure they are fully functional.
- Must have successfully completed the Job Skill Evaluation to begin training in the position. Must complete the Structured Job Training program within recommended timeframe to remain in the position permanently.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate in English in a manner to successfully complete job duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work with hazardous and corrosive chemicals in small areas.
- Must be able to use a computer and successfully navigate through various applications. Must be proficient at computer system data entry.
- Must be able to maneuver in close quarters and climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (cold, hot, humid and slippery).
- Must be able to identify hazards and report to appropriate personnel.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to push/pull a minimum of 100 pounds.
- Lines 1 and 4 Fryer operator positions require previous process experience or Sr. Lab Tech. experience.
Job Requisition ID: 14938
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Grand Forks
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **