Line Cook (Truly LA – PT Reg)
The Boston Beer Company
Los Angeles, CA
We are currently hiring Part Time Line Cooks at Truly LA!
Prepare and cook taproom items for customers in bulk or single food orders. Keeps all preparation flowing in an efficient, sanitary, timely, and orderly fashion with consistent appearance, quality and taste. Seek out collaboration as a means to produce better results.
What You'll Brew:
- Prepares and cooks culinary products through prompt execution of the Tap room food offerings. Keeps a comprehensive knowledge of the Taproom’s beer and food products
- Maintains quality of ingredient appearance by ensuring safe kitchen practices on a daily basis. Measures and converts ingredients to scale recipes up or down as needed
- Follows recipes in order to timely fill food orders of consistent taste, quality, and presentation as needed
- Adherer’s to cleaning checklists and upholds a clean, sanitary, and organized kitchen by cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and dishwashing throughout all scheduled shifts
- Helps control food costs through support of various initiatives including proper labeling/rotation, storage, ordering, receiving, and accurate recipe and prep execution. Organizes food and ingredient supply orders in accordance with FIFO ordering system
- Maintains a level of sanitation and safe food service practices that will reflect in consistent passing reviews by the Board of Health. Enforces and adheres to all safety and sanitation initiatives as required by the position and the company’s safety and sanitation program
- Maintains active Serve Safe Certification
- Work overtime as needed which may require 12-hour days, weekends, and holidays
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of culinary/kitchen experience in a high-volume establishment
- Working knowledge of executing recipes
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs, sometimes repeatedly
- Regular walking and standing for long periods of time (up to 11 hours a day) on concrete, metal and grated surfaces
- Interface with computer systems with precision
- Ability to handle kitchen and service equipment
- Previous experience working in a Tap Room environment,
- Operation of a POS register in a timely manner at kitchen counter
- Serve Safe certification
In accordance with California's pay transparency laws, the pay rate for this role is $20 per hour.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.