Linux Systems Engineer – Member Engineering Staff
Job DescriptionLockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems is seeking a senior level Systems Administrator with Linux and Software Configuration Management experience to support the Test Site Engineering organization at the Moorestown, NJ location. The successful candidate will have experience supporting Linux based users on a LAN, including configuration management, build automation and release engineering.
The successful candidate will have experience in solving end-user computer system problems and improving performance on the following platforms/operating systems: Linux RedHat and RedHawk. This position will be installing and evaluating COTS software products and tools. Candidate needs experience with Rational ClearCase tools supporting the software configuration management (SCM) processes.
Basic Qualifications- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related discipline and a minimum of 6 years of professional level experience.
- Configuration management and change management experience using tools such as Git, ClearCase, and ClearQuest.
- Linux Operating System knowledge, ability to solve end-user computer system problems, while working independently in a lab environment.
- Candidate must be able to obtain Security + certification
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the SECRET level. Requires U.S. Citizenship.
Desired skills• Experience with Rational ClearCase tools supporting the software configuration management (SCM) processes
• Knowledge of data communications and networking
• Security+ certification
• Experienced Administration/Systems Engineer in both Linux and Microsoft Windows.
• Experience with Linux RedHat & RedHawk Operating Systems, Computer Networking and Communications Systems, Computer Networking and Communications Systems.
• Experience with the Creation of bash and perl scripts to define and create environments within ClearCase
• Agile process and Core Digital Transformation
• Working with customer/user representatives
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
EEOLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Other Important InformationBy applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotelyOnsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule InformationLockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance InformationThis position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.