Load Checker Yard
Fort Worth, TX
Under general supervision checks all outgoing loads to verify accuracy against customer invoice, sales receipt or other itemized document; may perform duties at a yard check-out gate or in routine yard or warehouse capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks contents of customers’ vehicles or delivery trucks as they leave the yard against invoice; ensures that all merchandise is accounted for and also that the yard loader has initialed and loaded the correct material and amount on invoice; if discrepancies, handles resolution.
- May handle customer materials returns; fill out credit request form, noting the condition of the materials and arrange for cashier to have return value credited to account; restores materials to appropriate storage.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Tracks all inaccuracy to report back to operations managers
- Uses DDM tracker and may perform inventory searches
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of company products sufficient to take into account weight, shape and handling requirements
- Ability to read and write to handle work orders and labeling tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to count items and verify against prepared lists.
- Customer service orientation and ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent experience. Preferably, previous experience as a load builder.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed within a production, warehouse or yard environment, subject to temperature variations, equipment noise and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/SpanishApply Now