LOCAL Cook Inlet Journeyman Electrician
Bristol Bay Native Corp.
A Journeyman Electrician plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the duties below.
This position will be responsible for driving CCI’s Mission, Vision, and Values, a crucial part of the strategic plan to drive success. CCI Industrial Services leads the industry in Safety, Innovation, and Excellence. CCI’s mission is to provide quality-driven, cost-effective construction, maintenance, industrial cleaning, power generation, and transportation services to support resource development companies.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensure a safe work environment.
• Participate in CCI’s STEPBACK safety program and stay compliant with online training modules in EHS. Review and comply with the various Client’s safety programs.
• Your responsibility includes representing the Company in a professional manner at all times.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• New or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Measure, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit.
• Terminate wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustment, relocation, or replacement.
• Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric devices or motor, and installs grounding leads.
• Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, toner, and oscilloscope.
• Participates in meetings, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, prioritize and plan work efficiently.
• Adapts to changes in work environments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Oral and written communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Presentation skills.
• Ability to read and interpret written information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, high or precarious places, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection and the use of safety eyewear is required in most working situations.
Offer contingent upon ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work at any time without prior notice.
CCI Industrial Services (CCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
CCI Industrial Services grant employment preference first to BBNC shareholders, their spouses or descendants, and second to other Alaska Native Corporation Shareholders in accordance with P.L. 93-638.ID:uDnQdo