Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
San Diego, CA
Responsible for managing communication between sales, operations, logistics and finance personnel. Perform supervisory and reporting duties as set forth by manager.
• Exemplify MM safety values, drive culture forward through language and training
• Exhibit professionalism and business demeanor in all interactions
• Supervise customer service and logistics personnel
• Act as liaison between logistics, operations, finance, and management
• Oversee employee training as designated
• Assist customer service personnel with questions, order entry and product knowledge
• Navigate several systems to resolve issues and concerns
• Adhere to department policies and procedures
• Communicate with all levels of personnel and management from all product lines
• Build relationships with logistics employees, vendors, internal customers, and affiliates to ensure a smoothly functioning department
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or related field or equivalent experience desired. Work experience may be substituted for education.
• 2 years experience in the construction industry with preferred aggregates or asphalt emphasis.
• Proven customer service skills and logistics focus; demonstrated capacity to develop relationships, resolve issues, and negotiate pricing when required.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Able to multi-task and problem solve
• Ability to create documents, analyze and suggest improvements
• Capable of training and developing logistics personnel
• Ability to travel overnight as needed