Logistics Team Leader (2nd Shift)
Battle Creek, MI
This position is responsible for developing and monitoring the performance of Associates and for the improvement of production and quality performance. Shift is from 3:00PM - 11:00PM.
- Working from a production schedule, Kanbans and/or direction from the Supervisor, makes appropriate manpower assignments to meet requirements.
- Submits overtime requests to Supervisor for approval, when necessary.
- Is responsible for motivating and encouraging Associates to participate in teamwork and Kaizen activities.
- Ensures that work manuals are in place and up-to-date.
- Responsible for coordinating the training of all Associates. Maintains on-the-job training records for all Associates.
- Resolves Associate concerns, conducts performance appraisals, administers discipline when necessary and is also responsible for promoting positive Associate relations within the department.
- Uses the Kanban pattern post to coordinate process changeovers.
- Obtains component parts, tools and supplies necessary for production.
- Ensures equipment is functional and meets all safety requirements through TPM activity.
- Performs hourly checks and process audits to ensure productivity and quality standards are met. Enters daily production data into productivity tracking system and analyzes data for improvement opportunities.
- Reviews and approves vacation requests and completes absence reports.
- Reviews quality issues requiring corrective action with the Supervisor to ensure compliance with all IATF-16949 requirements.
- Ensures all work areas meet 5S standards.
- Will assist Supervisor as required. May be required to fill-in for Supervisor in his/her absence.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Quality / Environmental Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follows all procedures and work instructions and makes recommendations to improve the process. Notifies Leader immediately upon detecting any non-conformances.
- Records all non-conformances to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken and assist in the problem solving process.
- Communicates and practices DMNC’s Quality and Environmental Management Systems. Takes an active role in achieving and maintaining IATF-16949 and ISO-14001.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Required
- Associates' degree or high school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years of experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to guide others.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of statistical process control and manufacturing processes.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
Annual Salary: $60,000-$72,000
Shift Premium: $1.50 per hour
Plant environment. Some automated machinery. Safety glasses required. May move, lift or carry objects up to 35 lbs. Standing and walking a majority of the time.ID:uDnQdo