Machine Operator 1 Ceramic Coat (Onsite) – 2nd Shift
Country:United States of America
Location:PW715: Asheville Site W Asheville Greenfield Site TBD , Asheville, NC, 28803 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Employee will train on 1st Shift then move to 2nd shift. Employees must remain in their role for 12 months before posting to a new position.
Summary: Machine Operator 1 - Ability to operate a variety of production machines. Machines may include washer, shot peen (GASP – gravity accelerated shot peen), furnace, water & air flow, electrode assembly, laser weld, tack weld, laser ablation, tape & wax, x-ray, bake and detailer, etc. This position will require performing routine operations. Working on the production line you will produce blades and or vanes as well as perform all quality checks. These positions require shift work and ability to work overtime when needed. May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed. Responsibilities are not limited to the listed items and can be changed or modified based on skill level, proficiency, and overall performance.
- Perform daily standard work and perform complex operations successfully
- Read and interpret process sheets, gage, deburr and clean parts, make minor offset changes (if required) and document information on check sheets
- Frequently utilize measuring devices and assess product acceptance based on blueprint specification(s) and keep dimensional data on run charts
- Clock labor in Solumina and keep equipment and work area clean
- Perform Daily Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and document results
- Frequently move about the machine line to operate various manufacturing equipment (approximately 90% of the time), transport product and/or equipment weighing up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, pull and push
- High School Diploma or GED
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, Associate degree or Advanced Manufacturing Certification
Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
What is my role type? In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is Onsite. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo