Machine Operator 1
Summary of Job:
Operates a variety of machines that cut, form, bend, shape, or spot weld fabricated metal parts per production work orders and product specification sheets. Performs visual quality inspection of parts. Operates controls to engage machine and removes finished product for stacking on pallets or into containers. Monitors employee number, work order number, suffix, part number, department, clock number and scrap amount. Maintains housekeeping in work areas.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Operating production machinery
2) Reading work orders & specifications
3) Monitoring machinery
4) Inspection of finished product
5) Using computer terminal
6) Maintaining housekeeping in work area
7) Reporting to work regularly and on time.
· At least 3 months demonstrated work history.
· Perform 4 basic math operations with all units of measure.
· Ability to read work order specification sheets.
· Ability to write simple sentences, series of numbers, names, and addresses.
· Must be able to communicate clearly.
· Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Plant equipment & machinery, scales, tape measure, control gauges, computer keyboard.
· Inside, non-climate controlled environment, variable work days and hours. Some noise and vibration. Overtime will be required.
· Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
· Prolonged standing (8 – 10 hrs)
· Climb and balance.
· Kneeling, crouching, stooping
Performance Standards Required
· Product run to specifications, efficiency and quality standards consistent with company work and safety requirements.
Supervision given by: Production Supervisor, Direction by Lead Persons
Supervision given to: None
Note: Employees may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the job description and will be expected to perform any reasonable task assigned by their supervisor.