Machine Operator – $20+ per hour – No experience required (career training program)
Compact Industries, Inc.
St. Charles, IL
Since 1963, compact Industries has been the leading contract manufacturer of dry food products to the Fortune 500 companies that market the national brands you know and love. Compact Industries partners with its customer in the Custom Blending & Contract Packaging, Retail, Food service, Office Coffee Service & Vending maker segments to deliver quality food products with 216,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space. Compact Industries offers total rewards package, including attractive benefits, retirement saving programs, and tuition assistance. Work with an established team of long-term employees.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: $1 Shift Premium, Paid Lunch, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Program, Sign-On Bonus.
Packaging Machine Operator
First Shift: 5:00 am - 3:15 pm
Second Shift: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am
Operate up to two machines and coordinate all activities on the packaging line to achieve maximum efficiencies through teamwork.
- Reading and understanding Compact’s Finished Product's Specifications to manufacture and package a quality product which meets all customer specifications.
- Start machine and observe operation to detect malfunctions with the machine
- Set up and install new tooling for changeovers
- Responsible for shutting down the line if product does not meet specifications
- Run equipment at designed rates, maximize efficiency, troubleshoot problems and reduce equipment downtime
- Stop machine and report malfunctions to Supervisor if mechanical problems arise
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Responsible to maximize product and packaging yields and eliminate waste
- Set up and monitor check-weigher
- Monitor metal detectors to ensure they are working properly
- Responsible for completing production forms
- Advise Supervisor on any order or raw material shortages
- Understand and be able to apply each of the following programs during production: Allergen (especially during changeovers), HACCP and GMP
- Understand the importance of immediately notifying the Quality Control department when a product is out of specification
- When product does not meet specification, work with other departments to correct the deviation as soon as possible
- Keep work area clean
- Active participation in training
- Follow all/every Safety and GMP regulations and procedures
- Perform others duties as assigned such as open rework, packer, stacker, relieving other operators etc.
- Attending department meeting as required
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Standing 95% of time
- Walking 50% of time
- Bending, twisting, stooping motions 50% of time
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical figures
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year related experience preferred not required.