Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Operates as a fully participating and effective team member of a production line within the scope of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) required of this position. Monitors the performance and work flow of the production line in one or more functions in the following areas: safety, housekeeping, productivity, quality, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Operates at least one major piece of equipment on any of the packaging lines.
- Conducts minor Preventive Maintenance’s (lubrication, cleaning, inspections, and adjustments).
- Assist Mechanics/Line Technicians with preforming Plan Maintenance.
- Perform all the daily basic safety checks and observations, quality checks, checklists, and housekeeping.
- Clear equipment jams.
- Ensure compliance to the recycling process of empty component boxes.
- Utilizes computer interface panels to operate the equipment.
- Maintain equipment and perform full change overs, washouts, and sanitizations.
- Adheres to the requirements of the SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and adheres to all safety procedures as documented in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Report safety hazards, quality, and production issues to supervision immediately.
- Participates in all job-related safety, quality, and equipment training.
- Complies with all Church & Dwight Co. Inc. policies and procedures and NJ laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Train other operators as may be required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to communicate, write and read English
- Teamwork -Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Basic math skills
- Attention to details
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain good safety record
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/